The chronicles of one girl's journey for love, education, and life down under.







Thursday, July 21, 2011

America!

Seeing as I have now been back in Australia for almost two weeks, I thought it was about time that I write a quick post about my trip home.  Adsy and I had a great time.  In fact, Adsy keeps saying to everyone that it was the best trip of his life so far, even better than the one where he met me! Oh well, I'm glad he had fun.  I had a great time seeing family and friends and like usual I felt like there wasn't enough time.  It is frustrating how quickly trips go by. One minute you are on the plane heading there and then next you are a plane heading back home.  Good thing it should not be too much longer until I arrive back in the good ole US of A!!

I will take a minute to apologize to those of you who I either didn't get a chance to see or didn't get a chance to see you very much.  Obviously, I wish I could have seen everyone for long periods of time, but alas that is not how life works.  Until next time I am home!

Now back to the trip.  Adsy and I had a great time-duh. I was so happy to see so much of my family.  I think my favorite part was being at my parents house-especially when Thanna, TR, and Sam were all there.  TR has grown up so much since the last time I saw him in December.  His many new tricks, like walking, kept us entertained for hours.  I cannot wait to see what else he starts doing-like forming real words and talking!

I had a great time in Austin as usual. Although, I had one less friend there due to the fact that she is too cool for school and moved to Aspen.  Nevertheless it was great eating BBQ and tons of Mexican food.

Another highlight was going to Orlando, Florida and hanging out at Harry Potter World in Universal Studios. I am such a dork that I almost started crying when we walked into the gates for HP.  It's was all so magical-minus the thousands of other tourists. After spending a long day at Universal I realized that I don't ever want to bring kids to a place like that. I was exhausted being there with 5 other adults. Imagine having three kids with you. No wonder the park sells beer everywhere...After Universal we spent a couple of days at the beach recovering. I found out that the stretch of beach we were on, New Smyrna Beach, is one of the top beaches in the US for shark attacks. That was a fun fact to learn. 

Hogwarts at Harry Potter world Universal Studios Florida=Pure awesomeness


From there, Adsy and I split off and went in different directions. He to Washington D.C. to hang out with his cousin, I went back home to Conroe.  It was good that we split up because we both got to put in some good family time.  Overall the trip was a great success! I wish I could have had more time at home, but it wasn't possible because I had to get back to school. 

The good news is is that I may be back in a few months! Don't ask me when though because I have no idea.  All I know for sure is that my visa expires March of 2012 and unless I figure someway to stay, I have to leave.  I don't want to get deported!

No comments:

Post a Comment